Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54723 - 04/07/21 03:15 AM Sage 300 Security Maintenance and Housekeeping
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
I have just been asked by an IT Audit Firm to purge Users that have left the employment of my Client from the list of active Users. I just need to check with you guys whether this is the best practice and what would be the impact on the integrity of the Data. I know that we can set the Users to "Inactive/Disable"mode in Administrative Services. But the Auditors don't seem to be satisfied with the use of this feature alone.

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#54724 - 04/07/21 03:16 AM Re: Sage 300 Security Maintenance and Housekeeping [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
You can delete them completely, there is zero impact on data integrity.

#54725 - 04/07/21 03:42 AM Re: Sage 300 Security Maintenance and Housekeeping [Re: Jay Converse]
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
Thank you, Jay for your response. But allow me to throw a curveball here. If say ten (10) years down the line a Fraud/Forgery Investigation has to be made on certain transactions whereby there is a need to know who created/posted a particular transaction; is the deletion of Users not going to affect the integrity of the data somehow? Please excuse my lack of understanding Database concepts.

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#54726 - 04/07/21 03:45 AM Re: Sage 300 Security Maintenance and Housekeeping [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
See my previous answer.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: