Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54715 - 03/29/21 12:55 AM YE in CB no option to reset batch 1
Barry Fox

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi
I am using Plus for more than 20 years, and processing Y-End in Peresoft CB 6.5B, and I try to print and clear Batch status to 1. It prints & clears the batches, but does not give the usual option to reset the batch to 1.
If I reprint the Batch status everything is set to zero

Without this batch reset to 1 it wont allow me to continue with Year End

I have been printing to file without any issues closing YE in OE an IC successfully. I have also tried to print to a printer with no success in seeing the option to reset the batch to 1.

I have printed and cleared ....
-Posted all Batched
-Printed and cleared postal journals
-Completed recon
-All batches have been printed and posted
-CB report has been printed
-bank recon has been printed

Please assist

Regards
Barry

--- I have just found a deleted batch entry no 95 that I cannot edit or delete

Edited by Barry Fox (03/29/21 01:42 AM)

#54716 - 03/29/21 04:42 AM Re: YE in CB no option to reset batch 1 [Re: Barry Fox]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Barry

I used to run into this issue with Cashbook, most recently 17 years ago!

You need to create a new (empty) Cashbook dataset and create the various banks in it. Let's say it has an extension of .NEW and your regular data has an extension of .DAT.

Once you create the new empty dataset, you will want to copy three files for each bank from the new dataset to the live dataset, let's say there is a bank 01:

Copy CB01BTCR.NEW CB01BTCR.DAT
Copy CB01BTT1.NEW CB01BTT1.DAT
Copy CB01BTT2.NEW CB01BTT2.DAT

If that works, save those files for the next year - you will probably need them again.

If you aren't sure how to create a new dataset, I can do it for you - email me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com and I will email you the empty files. Tell me the bank numbers you have.

Steve

#54717 - 03/30/21 07:52 AM Re: YE in CB no option to reset batch 1 [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Barry Fox

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi Steve

I think I've done this before many years ago. I recognize the file names. You have a fantastic memory.

I have followed your instructions exactly and it worked.
Good idea to save the new CB files as a reminder for future years to come.

It is a desperate feeling getting stuck with such an old program, and fantastic to have this platform.

Thank you so much for all your help
Regards
Barry

#54718 - 03/30/21 12:24 PM Re: YE in CB no option to reset batch 1 [Re: Barry Fox]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Barry

Maybe there's a reason you are stuck with such an old program, and if so I would like to know it. You must know about Adagio, which is the natural migration path for ACCPAC Plus and converts data (including Cashbook) seamlessly.

I do have ACCPAC Plus users with 3rd party add-ons who are stuck, but even they are able to use some of the Adagio modules.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: