Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54105 - 09/03/19 04:11 AM Issue With Printing
Alton753

Loc: California
Hi Friends,

I am having some issue with the printing. The default printer automatically changes. can you please let me know what could be causing the issue?

#54106 - 09/03/19 06:48 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: Alton753]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Since this is your first post on this forum, unless you fill out your profile, so we know you are a bonafide ACCPAC Plus user, the moderator will consider this to be spam and will delete your post.
#54108 - 09/04/19 02:30 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Alton753

I have filled up my entire profile. Any idea what more I need to do?
#54109 - 09/04/19 04:22 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: Alton753]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
We get very few bonafide posts on this forum, and many junk posts, and all of the junk posts are one line, like yours.

This is not an easy question to answer on the forum. One thing to check is to make sure that every user has the same listed printers under F3, Printer Setup, Printers. They don't have to be pointing to the same Type of Printer or Port, but they have to be spelled identically.

If that isn't the problem, please go into more detail.

Steve

#54110 - 09/04/19 04:38 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: Steve Schwartz]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
As Steve said, troubleshooting this issue could be complex and hard to do without seeing it.
Are you starting ACCPAC Plus from a batch file? If so, do all the users have the /p parameter pointing to a valid location with an EZPRNT file?
Do you have a plusprint environment variable?

You should consider switching to Adagio. It uses the Windows printers.

#54111 - 09/04/19 07:49 PM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: MMA]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
Sheesh, the third degree.

We've been using Plus for a long time, with properly setup workstations and batch files. Sometimes the system on a workstation will change the default printer and we have to change it back. Oh well. The advice that it could take a while to troubleshoot is correct. There are consultants (not me) who read this forum who could for a fee help troubleshoot this.

#54112 - 09/05/19 05:09 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: edkraus]
Alton753

Will this be of any help?
#54113 - 09/05/19 05:16 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: edkraus]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Alton: That link and article refers to Windows printers. ACCPAC Plus and all DOS programs are oblivious of Windows printers.

Ed: Sorry about the third degree. I don't know how to try to understand or diagnose the problem without asking questions.

#54114 - 09/05/19 06:47 AM Re: Issue With Printing [Re: MMA]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
Howard's comment is correct.

I assume from your initial post that your printer with Plus has been working, and now your default printer changes but you can change it back and still print? If you can print at all, something is configured correctly but something is changing the default printer. Is the default printer changing in Windows, or is it changing in the F3 area of your Plus System Manager?

That information can help the experts know if you have a Windows problem or an ACCPAC problem.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: