Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53904 - 03/25/19 12:09 PM Tax amount as separate entry
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
A client using P/O module is not expensing separately the VAT amount on purchases nor recovering the VAT. However when the A/P Invoice transaction is retrieved in the General Ledger, the system opts to show the VAT leg of the entry separate even though it is still being debited to the intended Expense account.

How can this "separate VAT entry" be avoided?

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#53913 - 04/03/19 11:00 AM Re: Tax amount as separate entry [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Mr Mayor

Loc: Zimbabwe
im sure solong you have a tax class that says calculate tax, its bound to come on its own line. i could be wrong.

#53915 - 04/09/19 08:48 AM Re: Tax amount as separate entry [Re: Mr Mayor]
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
Hello Mr Mayor,

You probably didn't understand my question. I will try to make an example for clarity sake here. The entry that eventually hits the GL looks something like this:

DR. Printing & Stationery with amount NET of Tax; DR. Printing & Stationery with Tax amount and CR. Trade Creditors with Gross Amount (Tax Inclusive).

The question is why does the system opt to have two debit entries instead of just one debit with Gross Amount?

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: