Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53682 - 07/09/18 08:57 AM Database Repair
Travis

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Im aware this is old software, but i need assistance in repairing a corrupt database. Unfortunately i had backups, but they were mistakenly overwritten over the weekend and during the weekend we had some data corruption when trying to run day end.

This is Accpac 6.5A

When trying to go into inventory receipt, i am presented with "Day end processing was not completed, data may be damaged. How ever a successfull day end ran the day before and currently has not been run on the data for the current day.

What is my best approach at repairing this. i Have the fixit module on it, but dont know the password either, as i have recently taken over the IT for the company

#53683 - 07/09/18 09:16 AM Re: Database Repair [Re: Travis]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Travis:
Inventory Receipts was actually a 3rd party product for ACCPAC Plus. ACCPAC Plus had it's own Purchase Orders module but since it was weak in many ways, a 3rd party developer released their own competing Purchase orders product.
Your best bet is probably to restore the database from before this issue happened.
If you like, I could take a look at the data and see if there's anything we can do. You would have to zip the Plus database and send it to me.
I also don't remember if FixIt would repair Inventory Receipts. It would repair some 3rd party products but not others. At any rate, without the password, you can't use that anyway.
You should also seriously consider migrating off ACCPAC Plus to Adagio. ACCPAC Plus is an unsupported DOS system that was discontinued in 2006.

Please contact me directly at:
adagio-in-a-day@mmanyc.com

#53684 - 07/09/18 10:10 AM Re: Database Repair [Re: MMA]
Travis

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

I truly appreciate the response. I agree with you 100% i have been looking at Adagio now ever since this, unfortunately, due to it being weekend, the Virtual Machine ran a full backup and removed the incremental backups whereby i can restore.

I have uploaded my files to Google drive, would that be of any good to you? i would be for ever indebted.

I really have no real understanding on Accpacs operations with regards to modules. It really sucks, because i manually ran day end the night before

#53685 - 07/09/18 10:46 AM Re: Database Repair [Re: Travis]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Travis

There is a version of FixIT Plus that can fix Inventory Receipts DOS data.

Send me an email and I will help you offline.

Steve
steve@sschwartzcpa.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: