Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53527 - 04/19/18 04:58 AM Accpac Plus Vat % Change
Barry Fox

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi all

I am still running Accpac Plus (25 years +)

Out VAT has just increased to from 14% to 15% in South Africa (for the first time)

Where do I change the VAT % ?
AP, AR, CB, IC, OE, GL, SA, RM

Regards
Barry

#53528 - 04/20/18 02:05 PM Re: Accpac Plus Vat % Change [Re: Barry Fox]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Barry:
Being in the USA, we are not familiar with South Africa tax laws. We should be able to help you out but due to the nature of this problem, it needs to be a consulting engagement. We can offer you a credit of 50% of any consulting fees you incur with us up to 10 hours towards the purchase of an Adagio accounting system.

Adagio is a modular, flexible, easy to use windows-based accounting program that is the best upgrade path for ACCPAC Plus (DOS) users. Adagio is functionally compatible with ACCPAC Plus albeit with many, many improvements. Adagio will easily and quickly convert the ACCPAC Plus data resulting in a fast, low-pain migration and has screen layouts, reports and business logic that is similar to ACCPAC Plus resulting in a very simple learning curve and minimal re-training.

Edited by MMA (04/20/18 02:07 PM)

#53531 - 04/27/18 01:05 PM Re: Accpac Plus Vat % Change [Re: MMA]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
Man, that one should be simple. I assume you collect VAT from your sales? It's most likely the same as a sales tax, in my version of OE you have tax status descriptions in Company Profile and the tax rates are in OE File Maintenance. You're just changing 14 to 15 percent on the exact same process? Should be easy to find.

So long as the number of taxing districts aren't changing then it's not a G/L issue. If the type of goods and invoices that are taxed aren't changing it's not an IC issue. Get out your manuals and read up.

Ed

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: