Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53508 - 04/03/18 05:28 AM User (salesman) should access only his own custmer
Nilesh

Loc: United Arab Emirates
Hi,

We are using SAGE 300 ERP Premium Edition with 15 users in client/server environment.

Our requirements is to have salesman only access to their own customers and not other salesman's customers. This means:

1. OE Order Entry - They should be able to select only their own customers (using browser or typing customer code) during the new order entry

2. OE Invoice Entry - They should be able to access only invoices belong to their own customers

3. All OE Reports they have access to - They should be able to access/retrieve data which only belong to their own customers

4. AR Inquiry and Reports they have access to - They should be able to access/retrieve data which only belong to their own customers

Currently we don't have any of this security control / feature to achieve in SAGE 300 ERP. Our re-seller says that they need to customize every screen using SDK which could be heavy cost. Another option is to do Screen customization using VBA Macro (in-house) but then current OE screen still exist and its not possible to restrict salesman (users) so that they don't use original screen but use customize screens.

Few years ago someone from SAGE during a customer presentation event told us that in SAGE Web Screen this feature will come, where users can access only their own customers records during transaction entries / reports.

We installed SAGE Web Screens in a test environment but cann't find any feature/control where we could achieve the same.

I am sure someone must have had the same requirements and hopefully resolve/achieve it somehow.

Any help in this requirements is highly appreciated!

#53509 - 04/03/18 07:25 AM Re: User (salesman) should access only his own custmer [Re: Nilesh]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
http://www.norming.com/

#53510 - 04/03/18 08:53 AM Re: User (salesman) should access only his own custmer [Re: Jay Converse]
Nilesh

Loc: United Arab Emirates
Thank You Jay! Appreciate Your quick reply

I checked their product and prima facie it seems what we needed. They don't have their telephone number on their website, so left my details by filling the contact form. I also sent an email to sales@norming.com. Hope to hear from them.

If you have have their telephone number please provide it to me.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: