Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53503 - 03/26/18 11:22 AM Accpac, Win 7 and separate options files for users
bobd59

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Hi;

We have moved out Accpac plus v 7.0a to 4 Windows 7 workstations, one of which functions as a server. We get the error "Cannot change. Another user is sharing the options file" when trying to switch printers. I know this is a fundamental user setup issue...I have been working with the LanPak manual Chapter 4, but no luck so far.

Do I need to recreate or edit the existing EZUSEROP.LD4 file?
I have tried creating workstation folders in the asp folder, and copied in
EZPRNTLT.LD4
EZSTRTLT.LD4
EZUSEROP.LD4

I added environment variables pointing to the workstation directories, and ran our batch file to map that and the printers.

Trying to change the workstation name after F3 => options give the same options file locked error.

Any pointers to resources are much appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Sincerely;

Bob Donaldson

#53504 - 03/26/18 11:36 AM Re: Accpac, Win 7 and separate options files for users [Re: bobd59]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Bob:
What you need is in the Technical Software Information Appendix of the Windowing System Manager manual.
If you are getting that error message, more than one user is accessing the same User Options (EZUSEROP.LD4) so something is not right with your environment variables. Actually, I think environment variables in Windows 7 are problematic.

Try using the command line to specify where the users ezuserop is i.e.
If the ezuserop.ld4 file is in f:\plususer\bob
Then start Plus using: plus.exe /uf:\plususer\bob

It will only get more and more difficult to keep ACCPAC Plus running. You should not be using a DOS program like ACCPAC Plus anymore to do anything meaningful. You should take a look at Adagio.

#53505 - 03/26/18 12:05 PM Re: Accpac, Win 7 and separate options files for users [Re: MMA]
bobd59

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Thanks Howard; That did the trick...awesome!

I am an independent IT tech working in a company that have been using Accpac for a long time...you know how it is...

Thanks again.

bobd

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: