Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53217 - 09/09/17 01:15 AM AR Refund wrong pending balance amount
lucbinhtim

Loc: HCM-Viet Nam
I have a customer, and current version of Sage is Sage 300 2017 with PU2, they have an unapply cash with amount is 114000000, and they want to refund this unapply cash, but they can not enter refund amount because the column Pending Balance is zero https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmajpctpxdzo63b/Untitled1.png?dl=0, although this unapply cash entry is new and there is no pending transaction for this unapply cash.
But when view in Customer Inquiry, the tab Documents is show true amount of column Pending Balance
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kpmda57ktbs4oj/Untitled.png?dl=0
I try to test with apply document for another invoice and post OK.
And there is problem with refund entry?

#53218 - 09/09/17 10:18 AM Re: AR Refund wrong pending balance amount [Re: lucbinhtim]
Ettienne

Loc: Orlando, Florida USA
You cannot refund unapplied cash... I know it sounds stupid but that's the way it works.
You can refund a credit note.

#53219 - 09/10/17 05:47 AM Re: AR Refund wrong pending balance amount [Re: Ettienne]
lucbinhtim

Loc: HCM-Viet Nam
Thanks Ettienne.
This unapplied cash was created by receipt entry screen with type is Unapplied Cash, because they received apart of amount but to make contract order, so they can refund this amount if contract is unsuccessfully to return this amount to their customer, i think so that.
And found one invoice is open in database, if i post this invoice, the column Pending Balance of refund entry for this unapplied cash show 114000000 then i can refund it, But i dont know why because this invoice and unapplied is not related with together.

Edited by lucbinhtim (09/10/17 05:47 AM)

#53220 - 09/12/17 09:28 AM Re: AR Refund wrong pending balance amount [Re: lucbinhtim]
Ettienne

Loc: Orlando, Florida USA
1. Create a dummy invoice and apply the unapplied cash to the invoice.
2. Credit the invoice
3. Refund the credit

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: