Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53149 - 07/19/17 10:15 AM Return Customer Cheques - Prepayments?
apaccounting

Loc: North America
Hi there,

I posted a deposit of an A/R prepayment in the wrong period and then applied it to a customer's invoice. Everything has been posted in the GL. Now, when I go to perform my bank reconciliation, of course the deposit is not there.

I thought that changing the reconciliation date to the current date would allow later-dated entries to appear, but it's still not there.

The only other solution I can think of is to go to Bank Transactions > Return Customers Cheques, return (reverse) the cheque, and repost a new one under the correct date. The only problem is, of course, the 'cheque' has already been applied against an invoice using A/R Apply Document. Would the 'Apply Document' be undone in the subledger, allowing me to re-'Apply' the new deposit against the invoice, or would I still have a cleared invoice and prepayment in my subledger along with a second, redundant prepayment waiting for something to apply itself to?

Or might there be another solution so that I could reconcile my bank?

Thanks in advance.

#53150 - 07/19/17 10:17 AM Re: Return Customer Cheques - Prepayments? [Re: apaccounting]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
Reverse it, make a new one, and re-apply.

#53153 - 07/19/17 12:11 PM Re: Return Customer Cheques - Prepayments? [Re: Jay Converse]
apaccounting

Loc: North America
Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: