Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53053 - 05/08/17 04:23 AM All printing attempts on one workstation hangs
Howard Frazier

Loc: Redmond, WA
Installation is Sage 300 2014 with UP2

Several other workstations are able to print normally. Client got a new workstation with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and I ran WSSETUP to install. After installation, any attempts to print on the new workstation result in a 'hang'. In other words, as soon as you click on the 'print' button, the window associated with that print request freezes. Looking at the task manager processes, the process associated with the hung window is: A4wcontainerxp.exe*32 If I perform an 'end task' on that process, the hung window closes. This behavior occurs whether I try to print preview, select a printer, print to file, etc. No error messages appear.

After doing some research, I ran the following command which completed successfully: > C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm /register \\server1\sageprograms\runtime\a4wcrinterop.dll
Microsoft .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility version 4.6.1055.0
for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6.1055.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Types registered successfully

I have run the batch file to register dlls and that returns with successful registration. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the workstation setup several times. I have run as administrator. I have tried disabling firewall and AV.

I assume that because other workstations are printing that the problem is on the new workstation, but I'm out of ideas.

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. I think I've got about 10 hours into various 'fixes' that I've attempted.

Thanks.

#53054 - 05/08/17 07:39 AM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Howard Frazier]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
Install PU4

#53055 - 05/08/17 12:39 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Jay Converse]
Howard Frazier

Loc: Redmond, WA
Just installed PU4. It didn't break any of the workstations that were already printing, but it didn't resolve the issue with the new workstation.

Any other suggestions?

#53056 - 05/08/17 12:55 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Howard Frazier]

The Crystal Fixpack may help

https://support.na.sage.com/selfservice/...mp;ispopup=true

#53086 - 05/19/17 01:33 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Jay Converse]
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
Hello Jay,

This url is no longer active. Do you know where they could have moved this fix? I mean the url to the fix as pointed in the webpage.

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#53087 - 05/19/17 01:36 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Seisa Tjela]

Google SAP and Crystal

#53088 - 05/19/17 01:50 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Jay Converse]
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
Hello Jay,

I have run into a brick wall. SAP is asking me for Partner logins.

I guess I will have to settle with the System Manager installation on local drive on Workstations that displays the error.

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#53089 - 05/19/17 01:52 PM Re: All printing attempts on one workstation hangs [Re: Seisa Tjela]

From google: https://archive.sap.com/documents/docs/DOC-27613

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: