Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52906 - 02/22/17 11:42 AM GL Create Accounts Function
Seisa Tjela

Loc: Lesotho; Southern Africa
Sage 300 2016

When trying to create General Ledger accounts en masse, the Preview Screen of "Create Accounts" does not pull through the GL Account descriptions and thus necessitates unnecessary typing of the description. Why is this happening when the accounts being copied already have descriptions? Is there something that I am missing somewhere?

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."

#52907 - 02/22/17 12:06 PM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Mr Mayor

Loc: Zimbabwe
Now that you mention it sounds like I'm not alone. I always did it that way as I assumed different accounts created will have different descriptions hence the blank description field. Let's hear what other say
#52908 - 02/22/17 12:39 PM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Mr Mayor]
Seisa Tjela

I believe I have done it before and it always pulls through the description. I mean, if you want to create a Telephone Expense account for, say 10 divisions/departments, it will pull the description "Telephone Expense" and add to it the name of the division/department for all 10 Telephone Expense accounts. Unless something has changed with the latest version which one didn't pick up somewhere.

#53046 - 05/02/17 10:13 AM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Seisa Tjela

I have just come across this issue once again with another Customer. Does this mean nobody in hear besides Mr Mayor and myself have encountered this problem?

#53047 - 05/02/17 11:37 AM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Seisa Tjela

Hello MR Mayor and Others,

I have figured out how the tool actually works. You need to make sure that the structure that you copy from is a single-segmented structure and that the segment is a natural Account.

And also note that you cannot create from a structure with more than one segment into a structure with a single segment.

#rollingeyes#

#53048 - 05/02/17 12:27 PM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Seisa Tjela]
Ettienne

Loc: Orlando, Florida USA
Jip the structures must match. It is really there to add accounts for a new entity, say you add a new department then you can copy the accounts from an existing department.
Imports from Excel sometimes are easier/more efficient.

#53049 - 05/02/17 01:18 PM Re: GL Create Accounts Function [Re: Ettienne]
Seisa Tjela

Hello Ettienne, The problem with blank GL Accounts descriptions in the preview window comes when you copy from existing department. It only works (copy through the Account descriptions) when you copy as I have explained - i.e. from a structure which is made up of only the natural account segment to a new department. If the structures matches, say department to department like you mention, the account descriptions will come out blank.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: