Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52611 - 09/26/16 08:44 AM AP Interrupted posting
Mark Shearar

Loc: South Africa
I haven't had to do an Accpac PLUS data repair in easily over 10 years and have subsequently lost all my notes. A client ran into operating system file limit reached while posting his AP invoice batch. I just want to hex edit the APGLOB file to allow me access so I can see what has happened and the way forward. Can someone please let me know what the offset is I need to edit?
#52612 - 09/26/16 09:21 AM Re: AP Interrupted posting [Re: Mark Shearar]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Mark

I don't think just editing the APGLOB file is a good way of fixing this. You should run FixIT Plus on the data. If you are not sure how to do that, email me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com.

I assume you are aware that the "Files =" line in CONFIG.NT needs to be increased to 250, in order to prevent the operating system file limit error.

Steve

#52619 - 09/27/16 11:37 AM Re: AP Interrupted posting [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Mark Shearar

Loc: South Africa
Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. You're correct, the "Files =" line hadn't been done but I have now changed it to 250. That comes from letting the IT guy restore your ACCPAC data to the new PC
I'm going to check my archives to see if I have a copy of FixIT lying around somewhere although I never used it much. I used to prefer D-BIT Compress and the Maintenance Utilities.
And as a side note, they've complicated matters further by retrieving what had posted into the GL and posting it there!

#52620 - 09/27/16 11:41 AM Re: AP Interrupted posting [Re: Mark Shearar]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi:
THE ACCPAC Plus Maintenance Utilities rebuilds indexes and Free Lists. I am pretty sure it will not correct this issue.
I am not familiar with the D-Bit Compress but as per it's name, it probably only compresses the index files like Fix-It's Free-Up.
You will need FixIt or to restore to a full database backup from before this happened.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: