Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52186 - 04/04/16 01:07 PM Financial Statement in G/L
jumpingmoon

Loc: canada
I will do the year end for my company by ACCPAC PLUS 6.2. The ending date of period for last year end is on Dec 25,2015, not Dec 31,2015. But I have to get the financial statement on Dec 31, 2015 including Trial balance and GL report as at 2015-12-31.

I have tried many times to export Trial balance, but I can not have the account numbers at 2015-12-31. Anybody know how to edit the FS to get the numbers? Thanks a lot!

Edited by jumpingmoon (04/04/16 01:17 PM)

#52187 - 04/04/16 01:24 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: jumpingmoon]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
There is no such thing as ACCPAC Plus 6.2 - is it 6.1, 6.5 or 7.0?

I have read this a few times, but the syntax is hard to follow. Can you try writing the question a little clearer?

Steve

#52188 - 04/04/16 02:39 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: Steve Schwartz]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi:
You should be working with a consultant to make sure your accounting programs are set up properly.
Assuming that you are indeed using ACCPAC Plus (one of the versions that Steve mentioned) and your company's Fiscal Year End is Dec. 31, you probably have the wrong dates in the Company Profile Fiscal Calendar. You should fix them for 2016.

Have you posted transactions for 12/26 to 12/31/2015? Have you done the Year-End procedures?

Depending on the answers to the above questions, maybe you can do a journal entry to reverse the Dec. 26-31 transactions and repost them in Period 12.

If you want a P&L, we might be able to export all the transactions to Excel through 12/31 and then you can sort and subtotal them.

You should switch to Adagio. There are a lot more options to fix things like this than in ACCPAC Plus i.e.
-You can unpost batches
-I believe the Fiscal Calendar has a little more flexibility in terms of number of days in the fiscal year, etc.
-You can export Transactions

#52189 - 04/04/16 03:35 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: MMA]
jumpingmoon

Hi,

I am not very sure if we use ACCPAC PLUS 6.2. It has been a long time to use this ACCPAC by my company.

we use June 30 as the year end before,The physical year was divided by 12 period, the 6th period end is Dec 25,2015. Dec 31, 2015 is in the period 7. but last year 2015 is a short deemed year end. The physical year is from July 1 ,2015 to Dec 31,2015. This ACCPAC is running under DOS. I can not choose the date as DEC 31, 205 to export account numbers.

Is there any method to export the accounting data by just editing the format of FS excepting sort and subtotal all the transactions to Excel through 12/31?

I appreciate your help very much! Thanks a lot!

Edited by jumpingmoon (04/04/16 03:36 PM)

#52190 - 04/05/16 03:49 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: jumpingmoon]
Douglas Dickie Moderator

Loc: Langley, BC Canada
I think you have two problems;

1. You need to get your fiscal calendar changed from a June 30th year end to an December 31 year end. This requires the assistance of an ACCPAC Plus consultant as how to do this is beyond this forum.

2. You want to export Ledger transactions to Excel. Not possible with ACCPAC Plus. If you are just trying to get the numbers in Excel so that you can do a financial statements, one option is to print the Trial Balance and key the numbers into Excel.

Given that ACCPAC Plus hasn't been supported by the developers since the end of 2005 you might want to consider moving up to a modern accounting program, like Adagio, which could solve both of your problems (allows you to change the fiscal calendar and export the Ledger transaction).

As a Canadian dealer for Adagio I would be happy to show you your ACCPAC Plus data in Adagio. Please feel free to contact me.

#52222 - 04/19/16 09:55 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: Douglas Dickie]
jumpingmoon

Our company will do the year end for Dec 31, 2015. We are looking for a consultant to help us to finish it. We also need a consultant to help us to convert accpac plus to QuickBooks online. I have no idea with Adagio. Does it have the online function?

Please feel free to contact me.

asf2316@hotmail.com

#52223 - 04/19/16 11:07 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: jumpingmoon]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
I am an Adagio reseller, but I do not market my services to Canadian clients (I am in the US). So please believe that I have your best interests at heart when I say that if you are basically happy with ACCPAC Plus, but feel uneasy about still using 20th century software, you will be much happier with Adagio than with anything else. At the very least, you owe it to yourself to take a look at it.

Steve

#52225 - 04/20/16 01:06 AM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: Steve Schwartz]
jumpingmoon

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! I will take a look at Adagio.
#52228 - 04/21/16 04:31 PM Re: Financial Statement in G/L [Re: jumpingmoon]
Douglas Dickie Moderator

Loc: Langley, BC Canada
Your profile doesn't contain any contact information, so:

My firm is an Adagio dealer based in Western Canada and I have extensive experience with both ACCPAC Plus and Adagio.

There is no conversion from ACCPAC Plus to QuickBooks Online however there is a conversion from ACCPAC Plus to Adagio Online.

If you would like to contact me I would be happy to see if I can help you out. My toll free number is 1.888.534.4344 extension 723 or email me directly @ douglas@accsyssolutions.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: