Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52141 - 03/23/16 10:32 AM Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing
MissileCat

Loc: Chicago
Hello, first time poster. As the title says I am having an issue with Accpac Plus starting, we just recently transferred the hard drive to another computer due a power surge breaking the original. We had it opening at one point but now it simply shows the start up screen, which then goes away but the start menu and everything doesn't appear. Has anyone else had this situation happen to them? Is there anyway to restore Accpac to previous settings if I can't access the program itself? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
#52142 - 03/23/16 10:56 AM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MissileCat]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi:
Are you starting ACCPAC Plus from plus.exe or from a batch file? If from a batch file, there may be an error message that you are not seeing. Put a pause after the plus.exe line in the batch file.

If you need consulting assistance, please contact me and we can see if we can get it running. You can email me at <mma11@hnyc.us>

ACCPAC Plus was discontinued by it's manufacturer in 2006 and the program has not been updated in 16 years. The last Windows operating system it will run on (XP) is no longer supported and security updates are no longer available.

This is becoming a very common issue with ACCPAC Plus users. The old hardware they are running it on dies and cannot be replaced with something that will run ACCPAC Plus.

Edited by MMA (03/23/16 10:56 AM)

#52143 - 03/23/16 11:06 AM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MMA]
MissileCat

Thank you for the reply! Il double check as soon as possible. Regarding the software, I have a question for anyone who might know. If we were to upgrade to something like Adagio, which is highly recommended from what I've researched, will all of our data files (ASP and so forth) be useable in Adagio? Or will it need to be started from scratch? Of course this happened at a completely unfortunate time.
#52144 - 03/23/16 11:11 AM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MissileCat]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Yes-All your ACCPAC Plus data should convert to Adagio easily. I can test-convert your data if you like and give you a free, no-obligation demo of Adagio. Please contact me.

ACCPAC Plus ALWAYS stops working at the worst possible time! If you want to move to Adagio, we can make it happen quickly.

The business logic, screens and reports in Adagio are very similar to those in ACCPAC Plus making for a very easy learning curve for ACCPAC Plus users moving to Adagio.

Edited by MMA (03/23/16 12:01 PM)

#52145 - 03/23/16 12:10 PM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MMA]
MissileCat

Sent you an email
#52194 - 04/06/16 10:50 PM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MissileCat]
MissileCat

Micro Management Associates, an Adagio dealer from New York sold us Adagio Ledger, helped identify where our Plus data was, showed us how easy it would be to migrate to Adagio and had us up and running on Adagio in less than 48 hours. I can't begin to say how thankful we are as a company for the support and reliability MMA provided us with under such dire circumstances.
#52199 - 04/07/16 05:55 PM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: MissileCat]
Andrew Bates Administrator

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Welcome to the Adagio Community!

#52845 - 01/12/17 06:20 PM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: Andrew Bates]
lbeagles

Loc: texas
I need to reinstall AccPac Window System 6.1A
My disk 1 is missing, only have dick 2.
Does anyone have a copy?
THank you
Lynn Beagles
817-308-0000

#52848 - 01/13/17 09:58 AM Re: Accpac Plus not starting, just disappearing [Re: lbeagles]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Lynn

You don't need a disk to reinstall ACCPAC Plus WSM 6.1A. Just copy the files and folders from an existing installation on a different computer.

If you want a list of those files and folders, let me know.

Steve Schwartz
steve@sschwartzcpa.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: