Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52136 - 03/21/16 04:03 PM Appendix F - A/R Manual - ACCPAC Plus for DOS
Jim M

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this thread. For reasons unknown even to me I've been tasked with setting up some data to import into some ancient accounting software. The manuals are unavailable to me. From what I've been lead to believe the necessary info is in Appendix F of the A/R Manual for ACCPAC Plus DOS. I feel silly for even asking but would anyone be able to provide me with some information on the batch formats from the appendix. Thanks again!

edited so as not to potentially infringe on copyright etc

Edited by Jim M (03/21/16 04:19 PM)

#52137 - 03/21/16 04:12 PM Re: Appendix F - A/R Manual - ACCPAC Plus for DOS [Re: Jim M]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Jim:
Yes-ACCPAC Plus is ancient and no longer supported.
You or your client should take a look at Adagio which is a windows-based replacement for ACCPAC Plus and of course has current manuals in PDF format
http://www.softrak.com

ACCPAC Plus is now a trademark and property of Sage Software. The manuals are copyrighted and should not be shared.

If you want to email or call me, maybe I can help you out.

#52138 - 03/22/16 01:49 PM Re: Appendix F - A/R Manual - ACCPAC Plus for DOS [Re: MMA]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
Accpac Plus A/R is part of a integrated package of modules that all work together. If you have a functioning installation then the A/R module is setup to import and export batches to other modules as part of routine business.

So, if the A/R data came from using the Order Entry module, this is already sent to a batch when you do day end. And A/R sends data to G/L when you finish posting batches there.

Manual creation of a A/R data batch doesn't make sense unless you are importing customers, starting a new installation, or recovering damaged data? The import formats for batches is quite specific and your fields might not match up from other software.

If you have some data to enter it might be faster to just enter it using the software rather than try to create an import format. There is a lot of help available with F1 and you could read appendix F but I don't think it will make things much easier for routine data entry.

There are people who read this forum (not me) who can for a fee help you with data recovery or import formats. I can tell you from personal experience that it's quite tedious to create the imported data in a file, and not worth the effort unless you have quite a few records to import, and you are sure you will actually be able to use the information once inside A/R.

A/R doesn't stand alone, so I'm not sure you have fully explained your situation.

#52139 - 03/22/16 04:02 PM Re: Appendix F - A/R Manual - ACCPAC Plus for DOS [Re: edkraus]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
ACCPAC Plus A/R and Adagio Receivables are part of integrated packages but Receivables can be used standalone with no other modules.

Edited by MMA (03/22/16 04:02 PM)

#52140 - 03/22/16 06:01 PM Re: Appendix F - A/R Manual - ACCPAC Plus for DOS [Re: MMA]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
I stand corrected, Accpac Plus A/R can indeed stand on it's own, but I honestly don't see much point in using it as a stand alone program.

Data batches can be brought in from other modules, created within the module by typing the information, or "imported" from external files with precise formats using either CSV, ASCII, Dbase, Lotus, SuperCalc (that's so old even I never used it), DIF, etc file formats.

I'm still not clear what is actually needed.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: