Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52105 - 03/11/16 07:01 AM peresoft cashbook V6.5B batch posting error
Barry Fox

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, Hope someone can help - really stuck
I have a full accpac plus system with peresoft cashbook v6.5B, busy with YE in cash book module

I am at the point I need to print and clear the batch status report, before period end, and year end in the CB.

I have printed the batch status report, before clearing it.
When I proceed with 5,2,2 year end it asks again that I clear the batch status report before proceeding.

When I go back into the batch status 4,7 and edit the batch numbers at the top, 2 batches appear 102 & 139 both indicate normal entries and posted.

When I try to print one of the batches, the report shows no info. Same with the second batch. I cannot print and clear these two entry's

If I look at the batch status report printed earlier, these two batched are missing from the list

How can I clear them so I can continue with YE.
Data integrity check is clear on all modules

We have been using the plus system for more than 20 years and have changed nothing. YE usually goes smoothly. We have the correct procedure (year end menu options) to follow from the OE to IC to CB etc

Please assist

#52110 - 03/11/16 10:20 AM Re: peresoft cashbook V6.5B batch posting error [Re: Barry Fox]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Barry

I have run into this in the past. It was a long time ago so I hope these instructions work.

The files that are causing the problem are CB99BTCR.xxx, CB99BTI1.xxx and CB99BTI2.xxx, where 99 is the bank number and xxx is the data extension.

I would create a brand new Cashbook dataset and copy the three files (per bank) to the live dataset, replacing the problem files with fresh ones.

Make a backup first!

If you need a set of those three files and don't know how to or can't create a new dataset, email me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com and let me know the bank numbers and your data extension.

Steve

#52111 - 03/11/16 11:17 AM Re: peresoft cashbook V6.5B batch posting error [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Barry Fox

Hi Steve

Thank you for the reply. Really appreciated

Am I correct in presuming that this problem is only with the Status report itself, and not the actual batch data which has already been posted ?

First a full backup.

I will create a new CB using a different ext
Current = 01 ext .FOX
New =01 ext .TMP

new files should be
CB01BTCR.TMP
CB01BTI1.TMP
CB01BTI2.TMP

I need to then rename the ext to .FOX on each, and replace the live files with these new creations

CB01BTCR.FOX
CB01BTI1.FOX
CB01BTI2.FOX

If you can confirm, I will try over the weekend

#52114 - 03/11/16 03:57 PM Re: peresoft cashbook V6.5B batch posting error [Re: Barry Fox]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Barry

Your steps are correct.

The problem is that although you said yes to clear the batch status report, it didn't clear the files for some reason, and you are in a catch 22 because you can't reprint the report and you can't clear the files. That's why you have to go outside of ACCPAC to clear them.

Steve

#52126 - 03/15/16 11:31 AM Re: peresoft cashbook V6.5B batch posting error [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Barry Fox

Hi Steve

All worked perfectly, and YE is now complete
Thank you again for your assistance.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: