Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#51980 - 01/22/16 02:36 PM Posting Sequence Number
kgreen31

Loc: MB, Canada
Hi,

I am in the process of posting a cash batch, I have gone through the steps to post the open cash batch. Now I am wanting to print the Cash Posting Journal. I come to a screen that has "Posting Sequence Number" with a Starting number of 1 and Ending of 305.

Could some explain to me what the "Posting Sequence Number" represents? Do I just leave the default and carry on in printing the report?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

#51981 - 01/22/16 04:58 PM Re: Posting Sequence Number [Re: kgreen31]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi Kevin

Each time you post one or more batches at the same time, ACCPAC automatically assigns a new number to the posting event, that's called the posting sequence. There are multiple sequence ranges maintained in Receivables - for Invoices, for Cash and for Adjustments.

If you have never cleared the posting journals after they've been printed you will see a starting sequence of 1 (and the ending sequence will the highest number). It thinks you want to re-print all posting journals. You probably don't want to do this.

If you want to see a cross-reference between batch numbers and posting sequences, print the Batch Status report.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: