Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#51701 - 09/15/15 07:36 PM Historical Reporting - Trial Balance report
gorkam

Loc: vancouver, wa
Greetings,

I have been given the assignment to print trial balance reports for September 2010/2011/2012 in ACCPAC PLUS DOS 6.1a.

I have been unable to figure out how to print historical data. When I go into the GL module, it allows me to set the current date. I set this to the past, but it doesn't seem to be consistent when I go to print the report. Is there something else that I need to do here? I did look under housekeeping and tried to change the dates on the fiscal periods, but was unable to do so. Also, I'm trying to be careful as I'm sure there's not a backup of this system. (Something I'm going to go remedy now).

Thanks so much!

Mike

#51702 - 09/15/15 08:03 PM Re: Historical Reporting - Trial Balance report [Re: gorkam]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Mike:
I'm sorry to inform you that the ancient ACCPAC Plus General Ledger can only keep 1 year of data at a time. When you run the year-end process, it gets rid of the prior year detail. It does keep the Net changes for each period for the prior year so maybe you can do something in the Financial Reporter. If you don't know how to use the Financial Reporter, maybe I can get the changes for you from the Prior Year if you want me to take a look at the data.
Setting the data when you start the program is only used as the current system date and has no effect on the data or what you can report on.
Most ACCPAC Plus users copy the Ledger data files to a separate folder for each year before they run Close Year and Change Fiscal Year. Did you look around your system for other Accpac Plus Ledger datasets? Do a search for glglob.*

Adagio by Softrak System's is a Windows-based accounting system that will convert your ACCPAC Plus data and keep unlimited years of G/L history. If you would like a free demo of Adagio, please let me know.
You can email me at hschell-pluscomm@xemaps.com

Edited by MMA (09/15/15 08:05 PM)

#51703 - 09/15/15 10:32 PM Re: Historical Reporting - Trial Balance report [Re: MMA]
gorkam

Loc: vancouver, wa
I did look and I couldn't find any other than the .yen ones which I am guessing is the demo company.

I will look again tomorrow, but I suspect we just have the 2012 data. I will also find out if there were any backups.

This is ultimately up to our tax accountant to decide how much time we really want to spend on this project.

Thanks for the quick response!

Mike

#51704 - 09/15/15 10:52 PM Re: Historical Reporting - Trial Balance report [Re: gorkam]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Mike:
The sample data has a .SAM extension. To see what the data extension is for your company data, put the cursor on General Ledger in your ACCPAC Plus Start List, press tab and then keep hitting enter.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: