Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#100 - 03/22/04 10:24 PM ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Sheri Philp

Loc: Surrey, BC
I am running XP Pro, ACCPAC WSM 7.0 and GL 6.5. I have a Canon BJC-4100 Printer installed on LPT1. I cannot print at all from ACCPAC. I'm not receiving any error messages. It just won't print. A test page prints and I can print from Word. I did a search and the printer problems I found didn't appear to be the same as what's happening to me. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
#101 - 03/22/04 10:45 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Andrew Bates Administrator

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Hello Sheri Philp,

Is your Canon printer capable of printing from DOS? Many newer printers will only print from a Windows application.

Search the forum for printer issues with ACCPAC Plus and XP. Try using the DOS command DIR >prn and see if anything prints on the printer. If not, then you are out of luck using this printer and DOS.

Of course, there's always Adagio.

#102 - 03/23/04 05:17 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Wayne Wagstaff

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Accpac Plus is not supported by Accpac International under XP, so does that tell yu something! Adagio is and does not need data conversion and has some neat new features! Check out the free demo at Softrak.com
You may want to try this in a startup batch file or part of your Plus startup batch file.
net use LPT2: \\workstation\printer /persistent yes
or net use lpt /? to get thye instructions.

Try doing it in dos first to check it out and then if it works make a batch file.

#103 - 03/24/04 02:04 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Jason Filz

Loc: Canada
Unlike Andrew said - your not "out of luck using this printer and DOS". Just not as straight forward....

See this thread that has many solutions for printing from DOS application to WINPRINTERS (ONLY WORKS WITH WINDOWS APPLICATION) or printers on USB (or non-standard/unsupported printer ports - Like even FAX modems and PDF file generation)

http://www.pluscommunity.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001732.html

I have MADE Plus print to nearly any type of printer out there.

Ask any questions if you need help.

Good Luck

#104 - 03/24/04 02:07 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Jason Filz

Loc: Canada
PS - I use PrintFile mostly. Works great to print to PDF and USB/Windows based printers.
#105 - 04/15/04 02:32 AM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem
Sheri Philp

Loc: Surrey, BC
Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. What finally worked for me was changing the "files=250" in config.nt and the batch file "net use LPT2:\\workstation\printer /persistent: yes". We set it up so that it runs before accpac starts.

I am up and printing! I hope this info will help someone else in the future.

#50726 - 11/02/14 06:15 AM Re: ACCPAC Plus / XP Printing Problem [Re: Sheri Philp]
George Notting

Loc: MS, USA
If you intend to use printers with no DOS support or PDF printers, the NET USE method will not work. There are some DOS printing solutions out there, I've found Tao ExDOS to be the most full-featured and reliable: https://taosdc.com/exdos/print/
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: