Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#47862 - 06/30/13 01:55 PM ODBC Link for XP and Win 7
richard w

Loc: Hong Kong
My Company started using ODBC link for accpac plus 13 years ago. We did not change the OS (Win 2K) until recently we need to upgrade to WIN 7. When testing the ODBC link, ODBC's connection was always unsuccessful with error message "Error Loading Library". I have tried in it in a XP OS. I got the same problem. Anyone have found the same problem?

Thanks in Advance.

#47889 - 07/02/13 05:42 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: richard w]
Douglas Dickie Moderator

Loc: Langley, BC Canada
Richard:

ODBC Link for ACCPAC Plus had a very low install base so even the experts would have very little experience. I recall this error but it would take some research to find out what it's all about.

For Windows 7, 32 or 64 byte? Must be 32 for DOS. Then make sure you are using Compatibility mode. Likely something is just not pointed correctly or some file (DLL) has been lost in transition.

Even then you are using software that has been obsolete for at least 10 years. Time to consider moving to a windows solution, like Adagio. Depending upon what you are using it for I believe that the Adagio ODBC will work with most ACCPAC Plus data tables.

If I can assist you further with Adagio, please contact me ddickie@accsyssolutions.com

#53444 - 02/13/18 04:59 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: richard w]
EmJEm

Loc: Mb, Canada
Resurrecting an old thread, hoping to find a solution to your problem, 'Error Loading Library'?
#53445 - 02/13/18 05:35 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: EmJEm]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Douglas' advice was spot on back then, and even more so 5 years later.

Which part of what he wrote makes you think it is not the solution?

Steve

#53446 - 02/13/18 05:42 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: Steve Schwartz]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Seconded!

#53447 - 02/13/18 05:51 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: MMA]
EmJEm

Loc: Mb, Canada
Well we are not far away from moving to SAP and AccPac is not the issue. The issue we have is with a VM computer that has the ODBC setup on it and used to extract data from AccPac and sent off to corp system. Not able to get ODBC installed on any other computer/server without the Error Loading Library message.
#53456 - 02/14/18 10:18 AM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: EmJEm]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
If all you want to do is extract data from ACCPAC and send it somewhere, then you should splurge on Adagio GridView.

Adagio GridView is designed to extract data out of Adagio into Excel or other formats. It will also extract data out of ACCPAC since ACCPAC and Adagio share the same database structure. It's very easy to learn and use, and is a true 21st Century product.

If you are interested, email me at steve@sschwartzcpa.com and I can show you how it works.

Steve

#53457 - 02/14/18 05:04 PM Re: ODBC Link for XP and Win 7 [Re: Douglas Dickie]
Douglas Dickie Moderator

Loc: Langley, BC Canada
I agree with Steve's assessment. It would be easier to implement GridView for data extraction that to figure out how to solve a problem with software that was obsoleted more than a decade ago.

I can also give you a demo of GridView if you would like to contact me at (204) 944-0302.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: