Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#47226 - 02/22/13 08:33 PM Import Error : Line 2 invalid version number
Vincent Wansink

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
I am writing a PHP script that generates an import file for simply accounting. I have a PHP app which records customer charges and payments so I want my users to be able to export this data from my app and import it into simply. My understanding is that payments can not be imported into Simply (which seems strange to me), so for now I am focusing on importing charges (invoices).

So I'm at the point where I've generated a file that matches the format that the SDK sample shows me, and it looks like this:

Code:
<Version> 
"19001","1" 
</Version> 
<SalInvoice> 
"Susan Marofi","0","Susan Marofi","#820, 7010 - 149 Ave","Edmonton, AB    ","","","","","780-456-7326","780-902-1243","","susan@yahoo.com" 
"1","","","02-20-2013","0","","100.00","0.00" 
"Tuition:Out of School Care","1","100.00","100.00" 
</SalInvoice>

I am using Simply Accounting Pro 2012, which according to the documentation uses version number 19001. When I import this file I choose "Import Transactions" , "Import purchase invoices, purchase quotes or sales invoices, sales orders" then navigate to the file and click Next. Pretty straight forward.

Right away the error comes up.

---------------------------
Sage Simply Accounting Import
Import Error: Line 2 does not contain a valid version number.
OK

What's the deal here? Is my file not in the right format? It sure appears to be in the right format. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I'm getting very frustrated with Simply and the lack of documentation on this stuff.
Vincent.

#47227 - 02/23/13 02:18 PM Re: Import Error : Line 2 invalid version number [Re: Vincent Wansink]
Andrew Bates Administrator

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Why do you have
Code:
,"1"

after the version number?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: