Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#46392 - 10/01/12 10:37 AM Exceeded max disc space
dclark

Loc: Canada
Hello, I do the books for my husbands company and have found a problem. This morning I tried to log into SA but shows that I've now exceeded the max disc space of 4 kb. It gives me the option of shrinking the data to save space and encrypting the data to secure the info. I currently do not use a separate server, so wasn't sure which option to choose. I was afraid of loosing data.
Thanks!
Dianna

#46401 - 10/02/12 08:10 PM Re: Exceeded max disc space [Re: dclark]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada
I am sure the max space is 4 gb not kb. That is the maximum size of file your can store on a disk under current Windows operating systems.

I am amazed that you have a Simply database that large. Is Simply otherwise still working okay? Could it be that you have deleted a lot of Customers, Items o Vendors? Simply may just mark them as deleted but not actually remove them until you "shrink."

You likely should "shrink" the database file -- after making sure you have a good backup, of course.
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: