Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#46378 - 09/30/12 04:57 PM Simply Accounting Importing of Inventory
JacobA

Loc: Ontario

Hi there,

I have tried countless times to use Simply's Import feature (I'm running Canada 2012 premium) for inventory records from a file formatted for Simply Accounting. The problem is, whenever I try to import a service record, it will not let me add an associated revenue account.

My test file for import is as follows:

19001,1,Inventory,,,,,
1,Test 1,Service,R,350,350,,41100

I receive the error,

Import started...

Importing item(s)...

The item 1 Test 1 cannot be added because its associated revenue account is invalid.

Importing Summary:

Import item(s) completed.

When I go to my chart of accounts, account 41100 is set up as a Group account (also tried Subgroup)- Class is revenue (I also tried operating revenue).

Any help would be much appreciated - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Note that I've also tried changing 'Service' to 'Activity', putting an inventory account number in between the preferred price and the revenue account number, as well as changing the revenue account number position to right after the preferred price number.

#46386 - 10/01/12 01:52 AM Re: Simply Accounting Importing of Inventory [Re: JacobA]
JacobA

Loc: Ontario
Well, I sort of figured it out. Just chose a different revenue account (41101) and it worked...not really sure why 41100 doesn't work, but that won't be a problem.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: