Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#45548 - 04/27/12 05:42 PM ACCPAC Plus under 64bit systems
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
(one of those rare "good news" postings in this forum)

A diehard ACCPAC Plus client of mine (the only kind) reports that he has succeeded in getting ACCPAC Plus running smoothly with a 64-bit machine, include using Remote Desktop, with full-screen viewing, using a product called ExDOS ( He searched high and low for months before finding this solution and is very happy with it.

The product is not free, so please don't consider this an endorsement, rather a suggestion. There is a downloadable trial version.

Does anyone have any experience of their own with this or another similar product?

#45549 - 04/27/12 06:02 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus under 64bit systems [Re: Steve Schwartz]

Loc: New York, NY USofA
On a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit machine (Pentium i5), I have installed Windows XP Pro on a virtual machine with Oracle VirtualBox (free at and ACCPAC Plus is running great under that. You can see if your processor supports virtualization at

VirtualBox should be able to run FreeDOS or DOSBox as well ( but I think these don't support share.exe which Plus needs to run in a DOS environment.

Probably the good news would be if they moved into the 21st century and upgraded to a Windows accounting system.

Edited by MMA (04/27/12 06:07 PM)
Howard Schell, Micro Mgt Assocs, NYC

#51327 - 05/19/15 04:27 PM Re: ACCPAC Plus under 64bit systems [Re: Steve Schwartz]

Loc: Canada
When minimizing from full screen does the client ever lose the accpac screen??
#53340 - 12/17/17 09:11 AM Re: ACCPAC Plus under 64bit systems [Re: Steve Schwartz]
Antonio L. Jao

Loc: Agana, Guam, USA 96910
Hi Steve,

Actually the company making this EXDOS product is TAO Software Development Company from Israel.

They claim their product as a full solution for DOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Terminal Server 2009 and 2003 (Will run any DOS application and print DOS reports to any printer).

I was in touch with them via email and they told me that their "Ultimate" product version costs $400 and for an additional $100 they are willing to go to your computer and create Microsoft's Integrated Virtual Machine Windows XP and download their product and make it work. I did not buy their product yet ... but for that price, we might try it in the future ... on a new machine with a sample DOS data (A+ GL data of course) just to find out if their product really does the job. (NOTE: Their trial version is FREE).

Merry Christmas,

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: