Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#45333 - 03/14/12 08:23 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: armon]
edkraus

Loc: Oregon
The snarky comments are something you wade through until you get real answers. I've learned some consultants are more helpful than others. The ones who help, we can reward by paying them for more intensive consulting if we need it. I have no issue paying market rate for time on the phone or for an in person visit and have done so when needed.

IMHO there are two reasons why the posting is lower in volume than say ... for the Adagio board (elsewhere). One is that the number of Plus users is down ... true. The other is that the software no longer is having upgrades, tweaks, etc. so it is essentially stable and works fine. No matter the snarky comments, I'm using DOS because it's paid for, is stable, and works fine. I'm amazed how many issues come up on the Adagio board with dlls and different versions of Windows fighting to keep consultants busy fixing things.

In reference to the original post, the basic information is I believe true. If they don't already have a Lanpak diskette somewhere, they're out of luck. Once you have the original Lanpak installed, activated properly ... then it's easy to add more Lanpaks and you can purchase them easily on Ebay or Amazon to get more users. However, the original Lanpak install has to be done legally and correctly to work.

So ... Adagio or single user are the only options I'm aware of now.

#45334 - 03/14/12 09:39 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: edkraus]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Some thoughts

You can't complain too much when you ask for free advice and it comes with an attitude. Well, you can complain anytime you want but sometimes that's life.

I am constantly reminding responders that replies touting Adagio should only be given when appropriate. In this case, it was appropriate.

ACCPAC Plus is far from dead. I support 50+ active installations. I love Adagio and sell it whenever I can but there are good reasons why companies continue to use ACCPAC Plus, and I believe in a forum like this where users should be able to ask questions and get meaningful replies.

Ed is mostly correct about the reasons for the low participation on this forum. However, I would disagree with his assertion about the esoteric technical questions on the Adagio board - there are very few of those. Take a look at the Sage ACCPAC ERP forum if you want to see those.

Assuming you can purchase an ACCPAC Plus Lanpak on Ebay or Amazon, unless it is version 6.1 (and good luck finding one of those!) you won't be able to install it because you need an activation code and Sage doesn't provide those any longer. Most ACCPAC Plus users are using Windowing System Manager 6.5 or 7.0 (6.1 has Y2K issues), so Lanpak 6.1 wouldn't work for them.

#53786 - 11/10/18 07:56 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: Walter A]
SSparkman

Hi - I have a client who is finally moving from AccPac Plus Dos to QB. Are you aware of any export tools that would assist us in exporting to Excel, CVS, etc the AR, AP and GL databases?

Thanks!

#53787 - 11/10/18 08:06 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: SSparkman]
MMA

Loc: New York, NY USofA
Hi Stephanie:
I responded to your query re: conversion to QB via email.

Edited by MMA (11/10/18 08:07 AM)

#53788 - 11/10/18 10:18 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: MMA]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
I don't know what Howard emailed to you, but I'd be curious to know if the user basically likes ACCPAC Plus. Because if they do, then my next question is why go through the trouble of switching to Quickbooks when they can convert to Adagio in about an hour. Adagio requires almost no learning curve for ACCPAC Plus users, and preserves ALL of the data automatically.

Is it the cost? Is it the fact that Quickbooks has a better-known brand name? Is it on the recommendation of someone they trust?

Did they ever see Adagio?

Steve

PS - the answer to your question is Adagio GridView.

#53789 - 11/13/18 06:40 AM Re: AccPac Plus Dos Single -User [Re: Steve Schwartz]
SSparkman

Hi Steve . . . they also use a proprietary inventory\distribution program on an AS400 - they only used ACCPAC for GL, AR, and AP basic functions. So QB is a great choice for them, since the interface to the AS400 program has already been built for them. Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Douglas Dickie, Steve Schwartz, Lars E. Glimhagen 
Hop to: