Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44958 - 01/04/12 03:26 PM Year-end cut-off
jef

Loc: ontario, canada
I'm trying to help out a friend locally who uses Simply Pro (4-5 years old version). I've toyed with Simply occasionally during my career in finance, but certaily am no expert. The systems I've worked on were 'larger' by definition, and we could always have two fiscal years open at the same time... or at least for 30 days after the first year-end. But Simply does not appear to allow that.... am I missing something..?? How do we practically deal with the fact that vital information re: 2011 will be coming in for 3 weeks yet, but he can't just hold back all 2012 entries until then....
Sign me,
Puzzled.

#44973 - 01/10/12 07:42 PM Re: Year-end cut-off [Re: jef]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada
Some versions allow you to post entries to the prior year just by dating them appropriately, however I am not sure how long ago that was added.

Perhaps make a copy of the data, close the year in that and try posting to a prior-year date.
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: