Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44008 - 07/12/11 10:17 PM Simply 2011 Pro
Wayne Wagstaff

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
I have a client that just uses Simply 2011 Pro for payroll. Today she tried to install the new payroll upgrade on a Windows 2000 computer. She did the upgrade and then could not run Simply due to a entry point error. I uninstalled the Simply and re-installed it. Could not get it to work, so deleted every thing and now I can not install it on the computer because I am getting a server error. Decided to install it on to another computer running Windows 2000, so I installed from the Internet and installed the upgrade. After selected YES and telling it to auto install I get an error. Forget the exact error!
I then decided to install it on a XP computer. I installed it (without Payroll Upgrade) and can open the sample data. I have copied the simply data folder from the local C drive of the first computer, after renaming it, to the file server and then cut it and stored it on the XP local C drive. I then renamed the folder from Simply Data Old to Simply Data. I go to out it and it will not open using the User ID and Password the client says they always used (for what that is worth as we all do make mistakes when recalling passwords!) I have also tried sysadmin sysadmin expect that user to work but no luck. Any ideas on how to get Simply to open the data?

#44011 - 07/13/11 12:21 PM Re: Simply 2011 Pro [Re: Wayne Wagstaff]
Andrew Bates Administrator

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Buy a Windows 7 computer and install Simply on it.

#44147 - 07/29/11 04:17 PM Re: Simply 2011 Pro [Re: Andrew Bates]
Wayne Wagstaff

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Andrew
If we can run Simply on the XP computer but can not open the payroll data because Simply will not accept the User and Password code we give it, I do not understand how purchasing a new computer with Windows 7 will help us? Will Windows 7 delete the password or reset them?

#44150 - 07/29/11 07:10 PM Re: Simply 2011 Pro [Re: Wayne Wagstaff]
Andrew Bates Administrator

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Reading your post about "cutting this" and "editing that" it got too confusing to figure out what state everything was in, and you couldn't remember the error messages you were getting.

If the only problem is getting past the user/password prompt, I'd phone Sage support.

#44158 - 08/01/11 11:23 AM Re: Simply 2011 Pro [Re: Andrew Bates]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada
Wayne,

Did you also rename the .SAI file? It must exactly matched the .SAJ folder name.
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: