Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#43755 - 05/24/11 12:53 PM Weird Payroll Advance Situation
dford

Loc: Canaca
Hi there, i Have a small problem (hopefully) in which the only employee (the owner) apart from myself, is in the position that he/she has to take a regular paycheck home in stead of taking a drawing as such. Here's what happens, they have access to the company bank account. The make regular withdrawls from the bank. I would like to treat these as advances. When the time comes to produce a check, just apply these advances to the payroll check. I have payroll deduction program that does net to gross. So produce the cheque, do the deductions and the net should be the advances already paid, zeroing out the check. Problem is I can't enter the total advances in the advances portion as a negative as it say advances cannot exceed advances paid. How can i set this up. I don't want to produce a separate payroll advance for each debit card purchase.

Dave

#43797 - 05/27/11 11:51 AM Re: Weird Payroll Advance Situation [Re: dford]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada
Enter the amounts taken from the account as advance cheques. Use the bank reference # or the date as the cheque # but start with an "A" for advance.
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: