Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#39511 - 12/05/09 11:50 PM Help!! Reinstalling Adagio on reformatted computer
jtan

Loc: Canada
Hello I need help. recently i had a system failure on windows xp professional. And i had no choice but to reformat the hard drive. I am afraid at the moment. And now i need to reinstall the adagio ledger and the receivables on my computer. I work in a company. We have a server that is connected to several computers. My question is how do i get reconnected to that server after i reinstall the Adagio software on my computer. I am afraid this will cost alot of money. And suppose some of my bosses will get extremely angry at me. I probably will quit for this. So again my problem is to reinstall adagio and get reconnected to the adagio server(which holds all the data) and the costs it will take. i probably will need a new license. so please what are the steps taken to fix my mistake. Thank you very much.
#39522 - 12/07/09 07:13 AM Re: Help!! Reinstalling Adagio on reformatted computer [Re: jtan]
Steve Schwartz Moderator

Loc: Wynnewood, PA
Hi jtan

You will not need a new license.

If you reformatted your own computer and not the server, then you do not have to reinstall Adagio. The Adagio software, together with the data, is probably installed on the server (unless you ignored recommendations). You simply have to connect to the Adagio drive and copy the Adagio shortcuts to your desktop and then launch them (following the instructions).

If you need handholding doing this, contact your Adagio consultant. If you are not sure who your Adagio consultant is, call Softrak Systems and ask them. Their number is 800-663-9798.

Let me know if the problem goes further than this.

Steve

#39542 - 12/07/09 01:54 PM Re: Help!! Reinstalling Adagio on reformatted computer [Re: jtan]
GrantRowson

Loc: 1095 Barton Street
Hi Jtan

As Steve mentioned, you won't (or shouldn't) need to purchase the software again. It can be reinstalled from the server (ideally). I'm an Adagio Consultant based out of Thunder Bay, with dealings with several First Nations in Northwestern Ontario, and some dealings with Shibogama Tribal Council. If your current Adagio consultant can't help you recover, give me a call and we'll see if we can help you out.

Right now, I'd think the biggest hurdle is determining if your reformatted computer can actually talk to the network/server. Can it? are you able to browse your network drives, like before? Do you have high-speed Internet at work (I know some communities do)?

growson@bdo.ca or 807.625.4472

R. Grant Rowson, CGA
Manager
BDO Business Technology Solutions, Inc.

#39660 - 12/16/09 04:57 PM Re: Help!! Reinstalling Adagio on reformatted computer [Re: GrantRowson]
jtan

Loc: Canada
We are currently working on this matter I will update as soon as possible. thank you.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Steve Schwartz 
Hop to: