Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#34694 - 08/11/08 06:56 PM Internet explorer script error - AS53A
northstar

Loc: Ontario
Today a new problem has arisen. Early today everyone could log on fine. About noon, new users could not log on, though logged on users seemed to have no problems continuing.

When any user tries to start Accpac 5.3, an error pops up
===========
Internet Explorer Script Error
===========
An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 2
Char: 1
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: file:///K:/PlusW32/AS53A/ENG/default.html

K: is the server that runs Accpac and Pervasive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#34697 - 08/11/08 11:08 PM Re: Internet explorer script error - AS53A [Re: northstar]
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
Has the date and time of that HTML page changed? You might have a virus infection.

#34731 - 08/15/08 11:33 AM Re: Internet explorer script error - AS53A [Re: Jay Converse]
northstar

Loc: Ontario
Thanks, Jay. I scanned for viruses with Norton and Kaspersky, but both turned up nothing. Our more talented IT guy returned the next day and gave this information.

"Both script errors referred to html files. In looking at the html code I noticed a line making a java call to an unusual URL at the bottom of the file. The date modified stamp on the file was 12/27/2007.... the day of our virus outbreak. I simply removed the line and saved the file. What I can't explain is why it started happening now. No other hint of a virus."

We're back in business.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: