Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#31098 - 08/22/07 08:54 AM Accpac Versions Compared with Pastel
bridgewater

Loc: South Africa
My experience with accounting packages is that they are basically the same. I last worked with Accpac in 2003 and it was similar to Pastel. Now I must assume an assignment which requires I must hit the ground running on Accpac. Can I assume that I will be able to work with it on the basis of my experience with Pastel, Quickbooks and Sun among others?
#31102 - 08/22/07 01:42 PM Re: Accpac Versions Compared with Pastel [Re: bridgewater]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada

What software are you referring to? You posted in the Simply Accounting (by Sage) forum, is that what you mean? Or is it Sage (formerly ACCPAC)ERP?
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

#31112 - 08/23/07 08:28 AM Re: Accpac Versions Compared with Pastel [Re: Ralph Allan]
bridgewater

Loc: South Africa
Well I suppose it is Sage ERP. In South Africa I am sure there are organisations that still refer to their accounting packages as Accpac. Your question gives the impression that, maybe in Canada, there is no longer software that is called Accpac? But if you think I can obtain the best advice in the Sage ERP forum, please advise?
#31113 - 08/23/07 09:51 AM Re: Accpac Versions Compared with Pastel [Re: bridgewater]
Ralph Allan

Loc: Prince George BC Canada
Well, here is a very limited list from the most common acconting packages in North America.

Low end, entry level software: Quickbooks, Simply Accounting.

Mid-level, rich featured software: Adagio, lower versions of Sage ERP.

High end, specialty Software for large multi-nationals: Sage ERP, Great Plains and others.

The mid-level is the area formerly occupied by ACCPAC Plus, the long-lived DOS-based accounting package.

I am not familiar enogh with Pastel to know where it fits.
See us on the web: http://www.bccentre.bc.ca

#55418 - 09/22/22 11:47 PM Re: Accpac Versions Compared with Pastel [Re: Ralph Allan]
alysonadarette

Loc: Japan
I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that there are two versions, one for Mac and one for PC. I often visit this https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/minimal/ site to download minimal templates. It seems like an unnecessary distinction, but I guess it makes more sense if you're buying specific computers or operating systems.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary Rollins 
Hop to: