Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28936 - 01/31/07 01:56 PM Can't find Regacc
jzalewski

Loc: IL, USA
Greetings

Easy question????

I'm trying to run Accpac from Terminal Services and when logged in as a non-administrator I'm having the "can not find control" error. Works fine if I give admin rights to the user but for obvious reasons I'd like to not do that. Searching the net it would appear my answer lies in regacc.exe....problem is I can't find it on my server or workstation??? We are running 5.2A.....is this a 5.3 tool???

Thanks in advance

John

#28937 - 01/31/07 02:34 PM Re: Can't find Regacc [Re: jzalewski]
Ettienne

Loc: Orlando, Florida USA
It's a 5.3 and up tool.
You can run it with 5.2 if you get a copy of regacc.exe

#28944 - 01/31/07 05:57 PM Re: Can't find Regacc [Re: Ettienne]
jzalewski

Loc: IL, USA
Ettienne

Thanks for the reply! I had a feeling that was the case since I could not find it anywhere. For others that may be 5.3 and higher deprived (oh how I lust for more user defined fields) the following technique I saw on another post works...although you have to run for each module.

Logged in as an administrator run the following at a command prompt (change accpac directory as needed)

for %x in (c:\progra~1\accpac\ar52a\*.ocx) do regsvr32 /s %x

Thanks again!!!

John

ps for Jay and Wayne and Ettienne and many others that post here on a regular basis, sleep well tonight, and every night, for your contributions on this forum help many lurkers like myself, that can't afford maintenance, and have zero time for Accpac, but seek answers to the occasional problems that come up with it's use. You make the world a better place! Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: