Plus Community - for users of ACCPAC & Adagio accounting software

Welcome to the PlusCommunity forums! PlusCommunity is a gathering place for companies running Simply Accounting, ACCPAC Plus, Sage Accpac ERP (ACCPAC Advantage/ACCPAC for Windows), and Adagio Accounting.
New visitors, please click here!

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#25894 - 08/28/03 05:48 PM ACCPAC/Citrix Error
TriggerDust

Loc: Canada
First off, here's our setup:
1). Win2K sp3 with MS SQL 2000 sp3
2). Win2K sp3 with Citrix Metaframe XPa
3). Published APP = ACCPAC Advantage with latest service packs and System manager 5.0
4.) Win2K Domain Controller with sp3

Problem Scenario: If I create a new domain user account which is a member only of the domain users group by default, then go to a workstation and log into ACCPAC it will work just fine. However, if I try to login to ACCPAC via Citrix, I get all the way to an ACCPAC login screen and when I enter my ACCPAC credentials it gives me this error mssg:
"Invalid User ID. The connection User ID specified in the system database profile is not valid."
This is an ACCPAC error mssg. But, if I turn around and then add that user to the Domain Admin group on the domain controller, I am then able to successfully login to ACCPAC via Citrix.
I have played with security permissions on directories, files, registry keys all to no avail but as soon as that user is part of the Domain Admin group - voila - it works. Can anyone who has used ACCPAC with Citrix have any insight on this? It's driving me crazy!!!!

Thanks,

#25895 - 08/28/03 06:53 PM Re: ACCPAC/Citrix Error
Jay Converse Administrator

Loc: Location, Location
Just a guess...

Did you set up your ODBC DSN to Accpac as SQL Server authentication, the preferred method? And was it a System DSN, not a user DSN?

Jay

#25896 - 08/28/03 07:25 PM Re: ACCPAC/Citrix Error
TriggerDust

Hey Jay,

Yes, the ODBC is a System DSN not User DSN. The authentication method is NT Authentication NOT SQL Authentication.

Thanks,

#25897 - 08/28/03 07:38 PM Re: ACCPAC/Citrix Error
TriggerDust

Jay,

OK, I just tried it with SQL Authentication and by jesus it works! I have been driving myself insane over this and I can't believe that it was that! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jay Converse 
Hop to: